Farmers Union Scholarship was Presented to Kaden Bakken, Blake Biermaier, Baylie Johnson & two Goodridge students by Board Member Jake Rantanen.
Farmers Union Oil Company of Thief River Falls and Goodridge are pleased to announce the establishment of the Farmers Union Oil Company Scholarship. The inaugural scholarship will be awarded to seniors in the graduating class of 2011. The number of seniors receiving the scholarship will be based on a percentage of all gas sales at the pump at the 3rd and 8th Street Cenex locations in Thief River Falls, and Cenex in Goodridge.
- Established in 1937, Farmers Union Oil Company has long been a supporter of youth in the community.
- Scholarships will be awarded to graduating seniors who are furthering their education after high school.
- To be eligible to apply, student's family must be a member of the cooperative.
- Students are required to write an essay of 500 words or less discussing what a cooperative is and what cooperatives have done for the region.
- Scholarship applications will open on January 15, 2013. Applications must be submitted by April 3, 2013. Award announcement will be in May of 2013.
- Farmers Union Oil Company is a member-owned cooperative.
- You do not have to be actively involved in farming to be a member.
For more information regarding the application process, or to apply for the scholarship, please see the counselor at the Goodridge High School in Goodridge, or the Thief River Falls Education Foundation, 230 LaBree Avenue South, Thief River Falls, MN 56701.